Community & Communications Lead
We are looking for a passionate Community and Communications Lead to oversee our community and communications effort, build and strengthen our internal team as our funding allows.
Our community includes mentors, trainers, ecosystem partners (investors, accelerators, service providers, etc) and entrepreneurs in general.
- Proficient in English.
- BA in Business, Media and Communications, Public Relations, or relevant work experience in these fields.
- Proven work experience as a Community Manager or Communications Manager.
- Strong relationship with media outlets.
- Strong English communication skills (writing, speaking, listening) to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Great Team-building and managerial skills.
- Excellent ability to build relationships and network.
- Graphic Design qualification or similar (a plus).
- Experience in an internship or mid-level graphic design role (1-3 years work experience as a Graphic Designer) (a plus).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Connect and coordinate with partners for such events and other activities including growing engagement in the accelerator roundtable.
- Expand our network of partners for programs, events, including building up relations with partners who can offer services for free or % for entrepreneurs and partners that are part of Bloom programs, allowing us to offer more support to our community.
- Bring key lessons from discussions with the community to share with Bloom programs and platforms teams.
- Strengthen our alumni and mentors networks and foster engagement with team members and partners, and enable them to participate in an active online community on the Bloom platform. Prompts, inspirational content and matchmaking by staying in contact with people enough to know how to link them together.
- Organize and host/facilitate online + offline events about entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, social innovation, and related topics including discussions/webinars, demo days, and conferences/mini-conferences.
- Oversee media outreach and PR efforts.
- Research and understand how Bloom’s platform, methods and programs fit in the entrepreneurship ecosystem, including our users, partners, and competitors and speak persuasively about Bloom, our organization, our platform, and our programs.
- Oversee communications on social media, email, and our website (including doing a website redesign / relaunch).
- Communicate material about Bloom on Facebook Live, Twitter, Podcasts, Blog Posts and press releases.
- Part-time ok to start (minimum 3-4 days/week availability), with a preference for more availability in the near future.
- Remote work / partial remote work is ok, though at least some part-time presence in Lebanon is preferred.
- The initial contract is as a “consultant/contractor”.
- All positions can be paid into accounts in Lebanon (fresh money accounts) or abroad.
- Work benefits include an allowance for work furniture, computer accessories, and capacity/skills building courses and workshops; as well a “work from home” stipend of $100.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding the next steps.
If you have any questions about this position, please email them to hr [at] bloom.pm