Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Specialist
We love pursuing excellence in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting, not just for our funders and partners, but to help inform us on how we can continually improve our programs for the individuals, enterprises, and communities we work with. (If you landed directly on this page, please also visit Join the Team, and About Us.)
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of our programs. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the project’s data. M&E officers will interact daily with relevant product and project teams to follow-up on the implementation of the areas of improvement.
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Part-time ok to start (minimum 3-4 days/week availability), with preference towards full-time availability in the near future
- Remote work / partial remote work is ok, though at least some part-time presence in Lebanon is required
- Initial contract is as a “consultant/contractor”, with potential for shifting to a full-time position in the future
- Benefits (health care, pension, vacation accrual, etc) are available once people shift to full-time positions
- All positions can be paid into accounts in Lebanon (fresh money accounts) or abroad.
If you have any questions about this position, please email them to: hr [at] bloom.pm